On this episode of the Get Better Project I get to speak with Jon Gibson, 6 time CrossFit Regionals Athlete!
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
“all grind, all heart” – Gibs
World Record Linda
View this post on Instagram
Last few reps of Linda at the #westregionals what a great experience and such an electric environment! Finish at 12:24 with the 2nd fastest time worldwide so far. Felt awesome to showcase my ability. Now time to tighten this ship up and be ready to shock the world. #NowTheyKnow #crossfit #crossfitgames #canwest #canwestrejects @_thesefistsfly @gibsonslandingathletics @thedavecastro seems like a demo team like performance @crossfitgames @stancesocks
Questions for Jon Gibson:
A lot of times the conversation will get so interesting that I end up not using all of these questions, and that was totally the case with Jon.
– What’s your story – where did you grow up – did you play sports – etc.
– How did you get into CrossFit/lifting/fitness?
– How long have you been doing CrossFit/fitness, and have you been competitive about it the whole time?
– What are your current fitness goals?
– How many hours a day do you spend training?
– How much of this is accessory work, vs metcons, vs strength?
– What is your favorite recovery method (or methods) that you think gives you the most benefit?
– How would you explain your diet habits?
– How often do you “cheat” on your diet?
– Do you take any supplements?
– What experiments have you tried in the past (diet, training modalities, recovery, etc) that did or didn’t work for you?
– What aspects of being a high level athlete are the most difficult for you?
– What aspects are the most fun?
– Have you ever been injured?
– Do you ever feel like giving up? And if so, what keeps you going when you feel like quitting?
– What do you do in life outside the gym (work, family, business, etc.)?
– When someone asks you about advice on getting to the Games, what do you tell them?
– Is there anything that you think is important for listeners to know that we didn’t already talk about?
– How can people find and follow you? Self promotion!
Partners for this podcast
– The Get Better Project Daily Workouts Program – Click here
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Do you like the show, how about a review!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Build your squad, build your tribe, and I think that you’ll find it. You’ll find happiness in life