On this episode of the Get Better Project I have the privilege of talking with ultra running, ultra running coach, and author David Roche!
David started the SWAP team in 2013, with the premise that he could help athletes learn to live like puppies and run like rockstars while not giving a f#ck about things that aren’t important.
Davie’s website is “powered by love and pizza”!
* What’s your story (I love getting to know what made you the way you are) – where did you grow up – did you play sports – etc.
* How did you get into running/fitness?
* What is your favorite kind of running/fitness (ex. trail, road, ultra, all of above…)
* How long have you been running (and coaching), and have you been competitive about it the whole time?
* What are your current fitness goals (and/or coaching/life goals)?
* How many hours a day do you spend training (or recommend athletes spend training)?
* How much of this is accessory/mobility work, vs running, vs strength?
* What is your favorite recovery method (or methods) that you think gives you the most benefit?
* How would you explain your diet habits?
* How often do you “cheat” on your diet?
* Do you take any supplements?
* What experiments have you tried in the past (diet, training modalities, recovery, etc) that did or didn’t work for you?
* What aspects of being a high level athlete/coach are the most difficult for you?
* What aspects are the most fun?
* Have you ever been injured (or had to deal with your athletes being injured)?
* Do you ever feel like giving up? And if so, what keeps you going when you feel like quitting?
* What do you do in life outside the gym/trail/road (work, family, business, etc.)?
* When someone asks you about advice on getting to the Games, what do you tell them?
* Is there anything that you think is important for listeners to know that we didn’t already talk about?
* How can people find and follow you? Self promote the heck out of yourself!
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
Partners for this podcast
– InsideTracker – Use code ALLAROUNDJOE for a discount.
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Do you like the show, how about a review!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.