On this episode of the Get Better Project I have the privilege of talking with one of the smartest guys in cycling and strength, Menachem Brodie!
Questions for Menachem Brodie:
* What’s your story (I love getting to know what made you the way you are) – where did you grow up – did you play sports – etc.
* How did you get into sport/fitness?
* What is your favorite kind of sport/fitness
* How long have you been cycling (and coaching), and what made you want to be a coach?
* What are your current sport/fitness goals (and/or coaching/life goals)?
* How many hours a day do you spend training (or recommend athletes spend training)?
* How much of this is accessory/mobility work, vs sport specific (cycling), vs strength?
* What is your favorite recovery method (or methods) that you think gives you the most benefit?
* How would you explain your diet habits (or recommended dietary habits)?
* How often do you “cheat” on your diet?
* Do you take (or recommend) any supplements?
* What experiments have you tried in the past (diet, training modalities, recovery, etc) that did or didn’t work for you?
* What aspects of being a high level athlete/coach are the most difficult for you?
* What aspects are the most fun?
* Have you ever been injured (or had to deal with your athletes being injured)?
* Do you ever feel like giving up in sport/coaching/business? And if so, what keeps you going when you feel like quitting?
* What do you do in life outside the gym/bike/road (work, family, business, etc.)?
* When someone asks you about advice on becoming a pro athlete, what do you tell them?
* Is there anything that you think is important for listeners to know that we didn’t already talk about?
* How can people find and follow you? Self promote the heck out of yourself!
* I recommend to everyone who has problems with nerves. The Xanax drug was prescribed to me by a psychotherapist in whom I have been observed with neurosis and depression. To my surprise, the drug helped quite quickly. This tranquilizer relieves irritability, apathy, https://premierpedsny.com/prime-pharmacies/, makes it workable, has virtually no side effects and is not addictive. My mood after the course of xanax became more stable, without changes.
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
– Menachem’s YouTube Channel
– Menachem’s Linkedin
– Menachem’s Instagram
– Menachem’s Facebook
– Menachem’s Twitter
– The Stress Code: From Surviving to Thriving: A Scientific Model for Stress Resilience
– Science of Sports Training: How to Plan and Control Training for Peak Performance
– I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
– Menachem’s Online Course on Strength training for Cycling
– CNS Tap Test App
Partners for this podcast
– InsideTracker – Use code ALLAROUNDJOE for a discount.
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Do you like the show, how about a review!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.