On this episode of the Get Better Project I have the privilege of talking with one of the smartest guys in cycling and strength, Menachem Brodie!
Questions for Menachem Brodie:
* What’s your story (I love getting to know what made you the way you are) – where did you grow up – did you play sports – etc.
* How did you get into sport/fitness?
* What is your favorite kind of sport/fitness
* How long have you been cycling (and coaching), and what made you want to be a coach?
* What are your current sport/fitness goals (and/or coaching/life goals)?
* How many hours a day do you spend training (or recommend athletes spend training)?
* How much of this is accessory/mobility work, vs sport specific (cycling), vs strength?
* What is your favorite recovery method (or methods) that you think gives you the most benefit?
* How would you explain your diet habits (or recommended dietary habits)?
* How often do you “cheat” on your diet?
* Do you take (or recommend) any supplements?
* What experiments have you tried in the past (diet, training modalities, recovery, etc) that did or didn’t work for you?
* What aspects of being a high level athlete/coach are the most difficult for you?
* What aspects are the most fun?
* Have you ever been injured (or had to deal with your athletes being injured)?
* Do you ever feel like giving up in sport/coaching/business? And if so, what keeps you going when you feel like quitting?
* What do you do in life outside the gym/bike/road (work, family, business, etc.)?
* When someone asks you about advice on becoming a pro athlete, what do you tell them?
* Is there anything that you think is important for listeners to know that we didn’t already talk about?
* How can people find and follow you? Self promote the heck out of yourself!
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
– Menachem’s YouTube Channel
– Menachem’s Linkedin
– Menachem’s Instagram
– Menachem’s Facebook
– Menachem’s Twitter
– The Stress Code: From Surviving to Thriving: A Scientific Model for Stress Resilience
– Science of Sports Training: How to Plan and Control Training for Peak Performance
– I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
– Menachem’s Online Course on Strength training for Cycling
– CNS Tap Test App
Partners for this podcast
– InsideTracker – Use code ALLAROUNDJOE for a discount.
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Do you like the show, how about a review!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.