On this episode of the Get Better Project I get to speak with Only Training – Dave Spurr & Jon Gibson!
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast
Dave Spurr – Co-Founder
– 2018 Masters Pan American Games Weightlifting gold medalist -85 (35-39)
– 2018 Masters Canadian Weightlifting gold medalist -85 (35-39)
– Movement – Strict handstand push-ups and snatches
– Workout – Heavy Isabel
– Books – Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins
– Podcasts – Ben Greenfield | The Mind Muscle Project
– Video – Catalyst Athletics Weightlifting
– 6 time CrossFit Regionals Athlete
– OPEX CCP Level 1
– Movement – Wall Balls
– Workout – Any variation of Karen
– Podcasts – Spittin Chiclets Podcast | Joe Rogan | Body of Knowledge
– Books – Jordan Peterson | Jocko Willink | David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
“all grind, all heart” – Gibs
Questions for Only Training – Dave Spurr & Jon Gibson:
A lot of times the conversation will get so interesting that I end up not using all of these questions, and that was totally the case with Adrian.
– What’s your story – where did you grow up – did you play sports – etc.
– How did you get into CrossFit/lifting/fitness?
– How long have you been doing CrossFit/fitness, and have you been competitive about it the whole time?
– What are your competitive aspirations?
– Where did the idea for Only Training come from?
– What does Only Training offer for athletes?
– Who is your idea athlete/client for Only Training?
– How much time will someone have to commit to training in the program?
– For your individualized program… how do you figure out (or test) strengths and weaknesses?
– What does your athlete feedback loop look like, and how do you adjust (let’s say when someone is feeling burnt out)?
– What are your thoughts on diet?
More fun questions…
– What’s your favorite cheat meal?
– Thoughts on the direction of CrossFit?
– Favorite books, podcasts, or other learning material?
Partners for this podcast
– The Get Better Project Daily Workouts Program – Click here
*above could be affiliate links. I get a small commission if you click through them and buy, but they in no way make the products cost anymore. If you decide to use them please let me know so I can thank you. Affiliate Disclosure
Do you like the show, how about a review!
It would totally help me out if you could give me a quick iTunes review by clicking the link below. My goal is to help as many people as possible with this podcast, and each review helps me get more people listening.
Build your squad, build your tribe, and I think that you’ll find it. You’ll find happiness in life